COVID-19 Coronavirus Mortgage Relief
Waco First Home Buyers is sensitive to the current situation of COVID-19 and its devastating impact upon our community. We want to help Waco and the many who may experience difficult financial times in the coming days and months.
How can we help?
We have been in the real estate industry since 2009 and helped homeowners during both good and bad times. We’ve talked to hundreds, if not thousands, of homeowners over the years, and have bought a small percentage of those homes… but we have always put homeowners’ needs over our business desires. We work to educate homeowners to help them determine the best options for selling their home.
The truth is, selling as-is to us is most often not your best option, but is one of several homeowners should consider.
If you are falling behind on your mortgage, we recommend taking steps to communicate before the problem is too big to solve. If you ignore the problem you may lose your home to foreclosure, possibly affecting your ability to qualify for credit or to rent another home.
Here are a few resources that may help you:
- Call your mortgage company to notify them of your problems. They may be willing to work with you during these tough times.
- If you are uncomfortable talking to your lender, contact a HUD-approved housing counseling agency which is free service. Neighborhood Housing Services of Waco at (254) 265-6973
- FHA-insured loans can get assistance by contacting HUD’s National Servicing Center at (877) 622-8525
- There are a number of programs to assist homeowners who are at risk of foreclosure and otherwise struggling with their monthly mortgage payments. You can learn about these at HUD.gov.
- If you have a small business impacted by COVID-19 there is a new loan program now available through the Small Business Association. They can be reached at 800-827-5722.
- Fannie-Mae COVID-19 Relief
- Payment relief through a forbearance plan offers a reduction or suspension of your mortgage payments for up to 12 months, offered in increments of up to six months
- Late fee relief during your forbearance plan period
- Repayment options following your forbearance, including a repayment plan to catch up gradually or a permanent loan modification that aims to maintain or reduce your monthly payment
- Freddy-MAC Relief
- Ensuring payment relief by providing forbearance for up to 12 months
- Waiving assessments of penalties or late fees
- Halting all foreclosure sales and evictions of borrowers living in homes owned by the company until at least May 17, 2020
- Suspending reporting to credit bureaus of past due payments of borrowers who are in a forbearance plan as a result of hardships attributable to this national emergency
- Offering loan modification options to provide mortgage payment relief or keep those payments the same after the forbearance period
If you are experiencing financial pressure related to real estate problems, you can also reach out to us and we’ll help you navigate your options. We are well connected in the local and national real estate industry and our resources are yours too.
Do you need to sell your house but do not want to have to meet with someone in person?
We are set up to run our home buying business virtually so that we can continue to help homeowners that are needing to sell their as-is home quick for cash. We can potentially buy your property without ever meeting in person or having to step inside the home.
If you own a house that you are interested in selling, and you’d like for us to make you an offer, we can do that over the phone after a brief conversation. We will need to ask you several questions about the home, the condition of the property, and the situation surrounding the home and your desire to sell. This quick and easy process will allow us to gather information to make you the best cash offer that we can make.
After this conversation, we will do a comparative market analysis, which we do on every project anyway, but now we’re doing it from right here at our office, from the computer. We will use the MLS to look at other properties in your neighborhood that have recently sold that are similar in size, age, and build. We’ll use this data to come up with an average sale price of a renovated property in your Waco neighborhood.
We will use the information that you provide in regard to the home, the square footage data from McLennan CAD, and our 10+ years of experience to build an estimated renovation cost.
This process will allow us to make an offer to you in writing that will be contingent on an eventual in-person inspection of the house. We are working with our title offices to ensure that we can close on our agreed-upon closing date unless the Waco government establishes new rules and regulations regarding the real estate industry. Currently, real estate is considered an essential business and our closings are proceeding with the efforts of our local title offices.
Why would we do this?
Simply stated; we believe treating people well and working to help others is the right thing to do and why we are successful. We know that helping people in need will always generate good faith and a stronger business within our great city of Waco.
I personally promise that our call will be insightful and there will be absolutely no pressure to sell to us or even meet us. We are here to help you and want to be a beacon of hope for our community while there is so much uncertainty. Rest assured you will leave the conversation more prepared and a clearer picture of what you need to do to accomplish your goals.
Please don’t hesitate to call us at (254) 272-0685 or fill out for below if you’d like to learn more about our virtual buying process or just need someone to help you with anything real estate related.